Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Anti-consumerism




I have noticed since starting this challenge. I have not bought as much stuff and I've been turning more to developing my skills of art, sewing, cooking and having fun with my family. Also I've been studying languages more. It is truly liberating not feeling like I have to go shopping as much and when I do it is more purposeful. I have piles of stuff so it's been getting me to go through it and get rid of things I'm not using.
I went to the store to get wrapping gift bows, none were made in the USA. So I was inspired by re-nest.com and made my own. The picture is what they look like. I took pages from magazines that were laying around and created many of them as I watched Tron.

Here is what I did:

Take 10 pages long ways cut in 1 inch strips.

Make the individual strips into figure 8's and tape them down, repeat the process with about 4 strips of paper, the more strips you use the bigger the bow will be.

Put together the figure 8's on top of one another. In a criss-cross pattern. Staple or glue them together.

Cut one of the strips into a 1 inch length. Roll it and tape it on the top of your bow and you are done.It's ready to be attached to a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment