Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coupons




Super couponing is a huge trend now probably due to the recession and so much job loss. Interestingly coupons started in the US with Coca Cola in the late 1890's which consequently made the company well known throughout the US. Buying made in the USA with food couponing is a challenge to find products. But I have found great success with using local coupons for local stores in non-food, of course it's not crazy couponing discounts but I have definitely scored on stuff.



For example in Littleton CO the historic main street business district has an amazing ladies sample only tour annually(LOST) to drum up business. Women can purchase and support local business by spending $12.50 for a pack of coupons, bracelet and map. Which on the appointed day you go and collect goodies that the local businesses are giving out. It's a fun swag bag event that brings me joy every time I participate. The coupons give you free stuff after the event even or you can walk into savory spice store and get dutch chocolate with your purchase. I like paying from local stores if the product is not made locally.



With facebook I love to like small business that give opportunities to win goodies easily, there are better odds. I have scored organic local eggs, milk, and granola from Mile high organics that delivered it to my door for free. Two weeks ago from one of the local stores I frequent I won the book Wise at Heart which was written by two people in my community. Last week, I won a Daily Tea shirt for Peanut at Nest which is a local clothing boutique.



The key to getting local coupons and deals is getting out there in the community. Honestly you can score alot freebies of quality because there are less numbers of people doing it. Because of local events like Guinness Book of world record cloth diapering change. We scored coupons for local stores and discounts at Whole Foods. Keep a look out for local events and you can score deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment